Recycling projects are something that I personally appreciate and support. Last time, I compiled ideas on how to re-purpose old window shutters. Today, I found brilliant ideas on how to recycle or up-cycle used paper and old magazines. Instead of throwing away unwanted sheets of paper or old magazines in the trash, why not turn them into something decorative and utilitarian?
via: Pinterest
Why should we consider recycling
paper? According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, about "33
percent of the municipal solid waste stream (MSW) is made up of paper
and paperboard products" (Earth911).
In the Philippines, the National Solid Waste Management Commission
reports that about 16 percent of the total solid waste is paper (DENR).
We can thus imagine what a big difference it would make if only each
household would avoid wasting paper and try to find ways to recycle or
up-cycle paper trash to prevent them from ending up in the landfill.
paper ribbon
via: Pinterest {tutorial}
via: Pinterest {tutorial}
The
nice thing about paper is that it is a versatile material and there are
literally hundreds of different crafts, from simple DIY projects to the
more complicated art of paper cutting, you can find online. On this
post, I chose DIYs that I think are easy enough for me to do {except for the Hydrangea and Mums bouquet} :) If you feel like
you're not crafty enough, you may want to take a moment to click on the
tutorial links and see for yourself. You might be inspired to create
your own version. So, are you ready to give these craft projects a try?
gift wrap ribbons
via: Pinterest
via: Pinterest
paper earrings
via: Pinterest
via: Pinterest
whimsical wreath
via: Pinterest
via: Pinterest
magazine vases
via: Pinterest
via: Pinterest
paper flowers
via: Pinterest {tutorial}
paper bouquet
via: We Heart It {tutorial}
jar or vase embellishment
via: We Heart It {tutorial}
via: Pinterest {tutorial}
paper bouquet
via: We Heart It {tutorial}
jar or vase embellishment
via: We Heart It {tutorial}
"hugs & kisses" garland
via: We Heart It {tutorial}
Which of these ideas have you done or like to try? Do you know of other paper recycling inspirations? Feel free to share the links with everyone :) Thanks!










I LOVE the paper bouquet - I want to try that! xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post of Links! I love all of this inspiration. xx. McKenna Lou
ReplyDeletewww.lynnandlou.com
Thank you for sharing this post. These are all so adorable and very inspiring. That paper bouquet really looks so real. I also love the whimsical wreath and how beautiful it would be as a wall décor. This only shows that we can do so much with our used paper documents (shredding San Antonio paper strips for instance) and other items Thank you for all these ideas. Please keep on sharing!
ReplyDelete