Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Travel Back In Time in Vigan

I would like to share some photos I took from our Ilocos trip last month, starting with these shots from Vigan. Vigan is the capital city of Ilocos Sur and is the only surviving historic city with structures dating back to the 15th century when the Philippines was under the Spanish colonization.


I am so amazed at how the old structures have been preserved up to this day.  Vintage lovers would surely fall in love with this place.





Guests can ride a calesa - a carriage pulled by a horse, which was the main road transportation during the Spanish era.  We didn't get the chance to ride at all.  I had never experienced a calesa ride but there wasn't enough time.  We were on our way back to Baguio city so we just had a very brief stopover.



I felt so bad that we could only spend 15 minutes to catch a glimpse of this city.  I wished we couldn't stayed longer.  I wouldn't mind spending the whole day walking around with my DSLR camera.  There's just so many details that I would've liked to photograph.  I am definitely going back to this place to really take a tour and spend a lot more time discovering every nook and cranny.  


Have you been to Vigan?
What fond memories do you have of this place?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I;d love to know what you think! I will reply to your comments by visiting your blog and commenting on one of your posts. If you don't have a blog, I will post my reply here. Thanks so much. I really appreciate your comments =) Have a beautiful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...